Choose Life - Mental Health worker
Title: Choose Life - Mental Health worker
Location: Lac Seul ON
Reporting to: Choose Life Coordinator
Summary: Lac Seul First Nation is accepting applications for a Mental Health Worker. Under the direct supervision of the Choose Life Coordinator, the Mental Health Worker will develop individual psychosocial assessments and individualized treatment plans for children, youth and families, provide information and education to children and youth regarding mental illness and addictions, counselling, assessment and referrals.
The Mental Health Worker is responsible in providing education referrals for children and youth promote healthy out on the land/cultural based activities and sports activities to the children and youth of Lac Seul First Nation. The Mental Health Worker will work closely with the Choose Life Coordinator, in the delivery of the Children’s mental health program in the Lac Seul Communities.
- University degree or college diploma from a recognized postsecondary institution (psychology or social work)
- Several years of counselling experience
- Valid license and vehicle
- Pass criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting;
- Excellent skills in the following areas: computer, organization, networking, interpersonal, presentation and communication (written & oral);
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume and written permission for HR Dept. to contact two most recent supervisor by fax to C/O HR Dept. Fax number 807-582-3585 or drop off at Frenchman’s Head Band Office, Attention: HR Department or mail to Lac Seul First Nation, P.O. Box 100, Hudson ON P0V 1X0.
SALARY: Depending on qualifications and experience
TERM: Full-time term position ending March 31, 2019 with the possibility of extension
HOURS: 35 hours per week (flexible hours)
LOCATION: Lac Seul Ontario
CLOSING DATE: June 8, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
To obtain a full job description, please call the HR Dept. 582-3503, Ext. 245
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.