Location: Lac Seul First Nation
Reporting to: Public Works Manager
We are seeking a motivated, results-orientated individual to serve under the direction of the Public Works Manager as the Field Supervisor to assist in the maintenance of community infrastructure; roads, sanitation, water and sewer, equipment, band buildings and landfill. This position may act for the Public Works Manager during his/her absence and must have the ability to manage and motivate others in order to successfully operate the department in an effective and efficient manner, and must maintain regular contact and attend scheduled meetings with the Public Works Manager and Council as necessary.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage in the areas of transportation and building maintenance; perform inspection of roads, bridges and drainage systems, conduct inspections of public buildings, make emergency repairs to buildings, supervise and monitor dust suppression program, monitor maintenance of road signs, manage work orders regarding the public works dept.
- Manage and supervise garbage disposal, septic drainages, fire protection and ensure proper landfill sites; ensure ditching of landfill site in each communities.
- Manage and supervise safe water distribution systems; operators must have proper certifications, work in collaborate with Overall Responsibility Operator for IFNA, coordinate and support training.
- Maintenance and Labour; perform the duties required on the work assignments scheduled for that particular day or when an extra staff member is required, oversee the maintenance of equipment as required, maintain the fire equipment and fire hall as required with communication with the Fire Chief, inspect and repair public buildings.
- Maintain orderly files on inventory; ensure adequate supply of material is kept on hand, employ efficient and cost effective measures to maintain the inventory levels, with ongoing communication with the PW Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the PW Manager; hire, train, evaluate and develop staff, supervise staff and contractors, verify and sign off on timesheets, keeping staff budget within resource allocation.
- A minimum of one year managerial and operational experience in a related position
- A strong knowledge of management and work performed by maintenance department
- Experienced in operating machinery or be willing to train for certification
- Ability to motivate and work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups and individuals in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to direct and train other maintenance positions on equipment
- Computer knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Programs
- Strive for continual growth and development
- Must be able to provide a recent Criminal Record Check
- Clean drivers abstract
Cover letter and resume should be dropped off or sent to:
Lac Seul First Nation
Attention: HR Department
Hudson, ON P0V 1X0
Or fax to HR Dept: (807) 582-3585
Closing date: April 28, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Criminal Record Check is required. Please provide written permission for LSFN HR to contact three recent employment references, of which two must be most recent supervisors. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We would like to thank all applicants.