The Lac Seul First Nation (LSFN) Nurse Manager position is a full-time position responsible for the supervisory and overseeing the nursing services for the three (3) Health Centres located within LSFN - Frenchman’s Head, Kejick Bay and Whitefish Bay, Home and Community Care Program nursing staff. The LSFN Nurse Manager will also provide nursing services. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Nurse Manager will be responsible for the recruitment of clinical staff and nurses to ensure the Health Centre/Health Station environments are adequately staffed to provide clinical treatment, health education, health promotion and illness prevention across the continuum of health care services for LSFN community members.
Primary responsibilities relate to nursing leadership and nursing service delivery, human resource management, fiscal management, policy development, ensuring professional standards are met, program planning, quality assurance, equipment/supply management, professional development, committee participation and communication, attend management meeting and report directly to the Executive Director.
Lac Seul First Nation offers comprehensive health and pension benefits and also offers attractive leave benefits. The Nurse Manager will be entitled to 1 week off during the March Break, 2 weeks off during the Christmas Break, 6 management days, as well as other leave as per policy. All LSFN communities are road accessible.
1. Currently a member of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario and the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing.
2. Degree in nursing from a Canadian University or recognized equivalent.
3. Master’s degree in business or health preferred.
4. Experience in a management or supervisory capacity in a community health setting for a minimum of two years, preferably in a First Nation community.
5. First Nation applicants will be given top priority.
6. Willingness to take additional training (i.e. Management Training, Northern Clinical Training Program, Venipuncture’s Certificates, etc.).
7. Knowledge of computer word processing is essential and proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
8. Knowledge of LSFN, First Nation language and culture is a high priority.
9. Valid Ontario Driver’s License is essential and willingness to travel as necessary to oversee the 3 facilities. Compensation for travel is available.
10. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Location: Lac Seul First Nation, ON
Rate: Excellent salary and benefits depending on experience and qualifications. Salary range for the Nurse Manager starts from $84,831.00 up to $97,297.00.
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday (no evenings/weekends)
Closing: Friday, February 15, 2019 by 4:00 p.m., late applications will not be accepted.
Please submit a letter of application with a resume and written permission for Human Resources to contact three employment references (two must be most recent supervisors) by mail, fax or drop of to:
Lac Seul First Nation
P.O. Box 100, Hudson Ontario P0V 1X0
Attention: HR Department
Fax #: (807) 582-3585
Lac Seul First Nation requires Criminal Reference Checks for those offered positions. We thank all applicants, however, only those being offered an interview will be contacted.
A job description can be obtained by calling 807-582-3503, HR Department.