Lac Seul First Nation requires a Referral Clerk to serve Lac Seul Health Authority. Under the direction supervision of the Health Director, the Referral Clerk will be responsible for all areas of reception and clerical services to the health staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide initial reception and basic program information to the general public (i.e. directing visitors, calls and messages to appropriate programs and staff)
- Provide correspondence to the Health Director and staff, as well as filing all correspondence and documents in accordance to the master filing system.
- Prepare all documentation and information packages for the Health Authority and the Health Director’s meetings, attend and record meeting minutes as requested. (All minutes should be typed, approved, filed and distributed immediately following each meeting.)
- Assist in scheduling and arranging all meetings including, sending out memorandums of meetings, preparation of agendas, arrange travel, meals and accommodations.
- Record all incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis. (Important mail should be directed to the Health Director immediately.)
- Willing to travel, provide own transportation within the three communities and willing to work overtime, as maybe required from time to time.
- Ability to maintain records of all travel advances and office supplies purchases to ensure budget control; submission of expenses claims with attached receipts.
- Reviewing all incoming invoices and ensuring a copy of the purchase order form is accompanied and distributed to the finance office for processing.
- Must hold a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be able to take initiative and must be highly motivated.
- Have a minimum of grade 12 or equivalent experience of at least two years is acceptable.
- Proficient in typing, filing and other office procedures and equipment.
- Proficient in computer programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Have good written and oral communication skills, (speaking the Ojibway language is essential).
- Must have strong organizational skills and multi-tasking/prioritization abilities.
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience
TERM: Permanent Full-time
HOURS: 35 hours per week
LOCATION: Kejick Bay, Lac Seul Ontario
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact two employment references, (most recent supervisors) must be provided. LSFN requires Criminal Reference Check from those offered positions.
Please mail, fax or drop off application to:
Lac Seul First Nation
Attention: c/o HR Dept.
Hudson, ON P0V 1X0
Fax #: (807) 582-3585
Please apply by Wednesday, January 24, 2018 by 4:00PM. Late applications will not be accepted.