Lac Seul First Nation is seeking a Finance Manager. Under the direction of the Lac Seul Chief and Council, the Finance Manager is responsible for the financial oversight, budgeting, planning, expenditure control and general accounting practices. The Finance Manager acts as a liaison with banking officials, lenders, vendors, government agencies and officials. Ensures that all reporting documents and record keeping are accurately maintained.
- Professional Designation preferably a Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager (CAFM), with a minimum of three years of work related experience
- Extensive accounting background with a minimum of five years of work related experience
- Strong understanding of the community cultural and political environment within the LSFN
- Excellent skills in computerized accounting programs, accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Extensive skills in the preparation of financial statements and preparation of financial audit requirements
- Provides advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis and reporting
- Valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License with access to a vehicle
Location: Lac Seul, Ontario
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Please submit a letter of application along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact three employment references, (two most recent supervisors) must be provided. LSFN requires Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check from those offered positions. Please mail, fax or email application to:
Lac Seul First Nation
P.O. Box 100, Lac Seul Ontario P0V 1X0
Attention: C/O Human Resources Manager
Fax #: (807) 582-3585, email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Friday, June 3rd, 2016 by 4:00 pm.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted
For more information call 807-582-3503.